Sunday, November 2, 2008

We're Pregnant!!!!


As the last week of October slipped by I realized I'd never had a period in October. On Halloween I stopped by Walgreens to buy a test on the way to school. I had Tre' and Sha'Kira with me and didn't want them to know what I was doing so I sent them to the Halloween section. While they looked at the costumes and candy, I looked at different tests. I decided on a cheapy brand that came with two tests. I figured I'd use one this month, and one next month. I just knew it would be negative and that I was being completely ridiculous for buying one. After I made my selection, I grabbed the kiddos and we headed to school.

On the way to school, I texted Rob to tell him I bought a test. He agreed that I was being ridiculous and he was sure I didn't really need it. I left the tests in the car and forgot about them as I went about my busy Halloween day at school.

I took off work early because we were going to Texas for Cee's annual TX TGM Meet! When I got home, Rob was paying the bills. I told him I was going to take the test. He brushed it off and didn't pay much attention to me. I took the test and laid it on the counter. As I set it down, I noticed that the left line was showing already and the negative was supposed to be the right line. I ignored it, and went to tell Rob that we had three minutes. A few minutes later, I told Rob it was time to check it. I brought it in without looking at it and on the count of three, we looked. Two lines!!! Holy moly! This can't be right. I was convinced the lines were too faint.

I ran upstairs to take the second test. Surely I had done something wrong on the first one. I took the second one with Rob waiting in the bedroom. Three minutes later we checked it out. Two lines. OMG!!!

I was floating on a river called DENIAL at that time so I decided we needed to get an EPT. While Rob finished packing for our trip, I went to the store. When I got to the car I first called Cee to tell her we might not be coming to the party. Then I called Melanie. She was super excited! I told her to calm down, and that the test was probably wrong because I'd left in the car all day and it was hot. I told her that I wasn't supposed to be telling anyone, so we made an agreement that she would call me later and ask if "her mom had shown up for the party at my school." If I said yes, the EPT was positive. If I said no, it was negative.

I went to Dollar General first, but couldn't find the tests so I headed to K-Mart. It was full of freaky people wearing their Halloween costumes! I got a two pack of EPT and headed out. On the way home, I tried to read the instructions.

When I got home, Rob came upstairs with me so I could take the test. I took it and laid it on the bathroom counter. Rob said he wanted to be the one to look at it first. I was sitting in the bedroom on my vanity stool and could see him in the bathroom mirror. When I saw the smile creep across his face, I knew it was a plus. He came out, picked me up and hugged me. "We're pregnant babe!" he said in an excited voice.

It took the rest of the weekend for it to sink in, but I've finally stopped floating along the river of Denial.

I'm pregnant. I'm really pregnant! I'm going to be a mom!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are going to be a fabulous mom Krista and I am so excited for you and Rob. I am so lucky to be able to join you guys on this adventure and I can't wait to see that beautiful baby. Congratulation!

Sue said...

Congrats! It's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Aww Krista here I am cryin' . . .

You and Rob are going to be such wonderful parents I'm sure - enjoy every minute!
cherie [tgm]

Anonymous said...

KRISTA! How fabulous are you and Rob? How fabulous is your life?

I wish with all of my heart, I really do, that I could be there with you to spoil you and the baby. Help you bring your dream nursery to life and shop for all of those wonderful little baby things we neeeeed to have. You should see your baby shower that I have planned in my head~

With sooo much love,
Heather

Jill said...

Congratulations Krista! I've been following your trip reports on TGM and just came across this link :) I found out on Halloween day last year that I was pregnant!! Shaun is now almost 4 months old and he is going on his first trip to Disney in February :)