Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Merry Christmas!

On Christmas Day we were supposed to go to my Big Daddy and Abuelita's. They live 4 hours away in Frederick, Oklahoma. Mommy and Daddy were thinking the snowstorm was too bad and we weren't going to go.

This is what the snowdrifts looked like outside of our house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daddy checked the weather on his phone and decided that we were going to go. Mommy had to rush around to get packed so we could hit the road.

Before we left, Grandma came by to bring our stockings that Santa had left at her house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was time to go. On the way to Frederick, Mommy counted over 150 cars, 10 semis, and 1 snowplow that were stuck in the snow. She prayed a lot and we made it safely to Big Daddy and Wita's.

We hung out for awhile waiting for my Aunt Teeter, Uncle X, and my cousins, Zain and Zacchaeus to arrive.

Photobucket

While we waited, Mommy took pictures of me in front of Wita's tree. Mommy loves taking pictures of me in front of Christmas trees!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mommy just loved my little Christmas slippers. She bought them for me last year when I was still in her tummy.

Photobucket

Me and Daddy with our stocking hats.

Photobucket

I borrowed Daddy's hat.

Photobucket

Daddy flew me around like an airplane.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then he made me the baby gun. He does this all the time and I think it's so funny! Click the video to watch it.


Finally Aunt Teeter got there with her family. It took them over 8 hours to make a 3 hours trip. The roads were really ice on the way to Wita's from Texas. After they arrived, we got to open presents.

Zain with his present from us.

Photobucket

We gave Zacchaues a ball.

Photobucket

Zain got a fishing pole from Big Daddy.

Photobucket

Zain in Uncle X's snuggie.

Photobucket

My Cool Dude outfit from my stocking.

Photobucket

The rest of the weekend we just hung out around the house. One night after I went to bed, Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Ro, Aunt Teeter, and Uncle X played an epic game of Monopoly. They had a rematch the next day.

Photobucket

The last night we were there, Wita taught Mommy how to make enchiladas. I hope Mommy learns how to make them really good by the time I'm able to eat real food. I'm half mexican and I'm going to need some good homemade Mexican food!

Photobucket

She also learned how to make homemade pico de gallo.

Photobucket

Early the next morning it was time to go. Bye Big Daddy and Wita! See you soon!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I fell asleep on the way home with my ring in my hand.

Photobucket

Poor Daddy he always has to drive while Mommy and I sit in the back and play.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather said...

He's getting so big! And more and more adorable by the day...how can that even be possible?

Clearly you are very happy being a Mommy.

I'm glad you all had such a wonderful Christmas season.

Love,
Heather